The Fantastic World of ROALD DAHL

If I can creep into the mind of any author, Roald Dahl would be on the top of my list.  I haven't read all of his books, but many of the characters he created have brought me into a world of wonder.  Charlie, Matilda, James, Mr. Fox, the BFG, etc...Having met them were wonderful encounters in my childhood.  Roald Dahl is a legend; he has the ability to organize children's wild imagination into words.  His literary works are timeless; they are loved by successive generation of children and adults.  I saw a few of my Year 2 students reading Dahl's books and I am excited for their imaginary journey!


The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Center is a nice little tourist attraction in the UK.  To me, since I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, this museum is more attractive than the Harry Potter Amusement Park!


I also like the Roald Dahl Official Website where I can play a few games with the characters who were close to me as a child.  The "treats" (games) page needs registration; you may want to let your children use my log in info to access that page:

e-mail: teachermonica123@gmail.com
password (as assigned!): whizzpop

There are some educational resource for teachers to download from the website, too!

Roald Dahl is a remarkable man. Although he enjoyed fame and success as an author, he had to endure a number of family tragedies in his life.  Not only MUST children read his books, they should also read about his life and be inspired by it!