World Cup 2010 - The Vuvuzela

NOISE or MUSIC?


While you watch World Cup 2010, an unfamiliar sound fills the stadium. A lot of people are cheering with the colourful VUVUZELA.  I can already imagine some of you asking me, "where does the vuvuzela come from?"

You know what, children, I am afraid I cannot give you a certain answer - neither can media around the world.  People around the world are talking about this horn-like plastic instrument and wondering its origin.
Some say it is a variation of an instrument that African tribes use during their worship, some say they use it in their church, and some say people make it just for the World Cup in order to make money!

Anyway, the sound of the vuvuzela has become one of the unforgettable trademarks of World Cup 2010. To me, the sound of one vuvuzela may be very annoying, but when everybody blows it in an enormous stadium, it creates a very impressive atmosphere! (it gives me a picture of 1000 elephants running across a desert.)  Children, do you like the sound of the vuvuzela? (See the clip below if you haven't heard the vuvuzela!)