Summer Song - Castle On a Cloud


Castle on a Cloud

There is a castle on a cloud
I like to go there in my sleep
Aren't any floors for me to sweep
Not in my castle on a cloud

There is a room that's full of toys
There are my hundred boys and girls
Nobody shouts or talks too loud
Not in my castle on a cloud

There is a lady all in white
Holds me and sings a lullaby
She's nice to see and she's soft to touch
She says: " Cosette, I love you very much."

I know a place where no one's lost
I know a place where no one cries
Crying at all is not allowed
Not in my castle on a cloud


A little more about this song

This song appears in the famous musical adpated from Victor Hugo's famous novel Les Misérables. Cosette is one of the main characters in the story. She has a poor childhood, her mother died when she was young. Cosette then spent the rest of her childhood with Mme. Thénardier, who treated her badly.  Castle on a Cloud is the song Cosette sings to entertain herself as she's doing household chores.  The picture above is the original portrait of Cosette by Emile Bayard in 1862.

The story and musical themselves maybe a bit too dark and heavy for children, however, I'm sure this pretty song can trigger their imagination - I look forward to hearing about what their castles on the clouds look like!