Arts curriculum around the world

Curriculum and policy is a major area in educational study. I happen to be very interested in comparing music curriculum of different countries. These curriculum have helped me a great deal as a music teacher when I do my year plan.

Click here for HK's Arts curriculum documents.

I'd like to share a few online sources where I usually go to when I'm looking for arts curriculum. Hopefully, later, I can share with you what I like and dislike about each of them. Please click the following country names for their national curriculum. In many countries, like Australia and Canada, the provinces have the autonomy to devise their own curriculum, some of the document below maybe provincial ones, but it goes in line with the national standards:

UK (Britain) - Key Stage 1 & 2 curriculum

CANADA (Ontario) - The Arts Grade 1-8

AUSTRALIA (New South Wales) - Creative Arts K-6

IRELAND - Arts Education (Primary)

US (North Carolina) - Arts Education (K-12)

SINGAPORE - Art Syllabus (Primary to lower secondary)

SOUTH AFRICA - Arts and Culture (R-9)

I don't know how closely teachers follow the curriculum, but as a user, I find these resources much much more useful than the Hong Kong one. This is something the EDB really look into when they revise the HK curriculum.