Easter Holiday 2010 Suggestion #2- The Adventures of Peter Rabbit

There is only so much that I can teach in a music lesson. In fact, I believe a big part of a child's musical expereience should happen out of music class. That's why I like making recommendation to children of what's suitable for them to see in Hong Kong.

Since my Year 2 happens to be learning Peter and the Wolf in the Music and Drama unit, I strongly recommend them to see the HKPO performance of Peter and the Wolf during the Easter Holiday.

I did the same thing in class today, and a little episode happened...

A girl from one of my classes looked a bit sad and told me secretly, "Oh....Miss Yu, I think I can't see Peter and the Wolf..."

"Why?"

"Coz my daddy had already... ...bought tickets to see Peter Rabbit with me..."

"Oh...well, you can still tell your mommy and daddy about Peter and the Wolf, maybe they'd bring you see it as well."

"ya...." (looking unsure)

"But I'm sure Peter Rabbit will be a GREAT show, too! You have to tell me all about it after watching it ok?"

"OK! (still worried that she can't watch Peter and the Wolf) Well, at least I'm still watching someone called Peter!"

This is what I call positive thinking! =)

Personally, I didn't grew up with Peter Rabbit, so I don't know much about him. But I'm stunned by the quality of its website, it's like a virtual pop up book, which I couldn't resist browsing through each page! Please click here to see this Peter Rabbit's site


HK ticketing is responsible for this Peter's ticket, please click here to access to the ticketing site.




Hopefully music lesson will continue during children's Easter Holiday!